The mission of the Trinity Valley Community College (TVCC) Foundation is to support the growth and development of TVCC, its students, faculty and staff. TVCC Foundation fulfills this mission by actively encouraging private gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations to transform lives through affordable and accessible education.
Steve Grant, Chair
Colin Barrett, Vice-Chair
David Hopkins, Treasurer
Linda Land, Secretary
Jerry King, Ed.D., President
Emily Heglund, Executive Director of TVCC Foundation
Mike Peek, Athens
Joel Vasquez, SGA President
Laurie Boze, Kaufman
Pam Burton, Athens
Blake Daniels, Tyler
Kay Hundley, Athens
Judith McGilvray, Athens
Ginger Morton, Athens
Jim Pitts, Dallas
Ray Raymond, Kaufman
Rosi Roth, Athens
Will Traxson, Athens
Armando Rincon, Athens
Larry Ball, Athens
Cevia Morris, Athens
Rhonda Hughey, Kaufman
Jean Surles, Athens
Jess Laird, Athens
TVCC Foundation Scholarships
The Purpose Of The Foundation Scholarship Program
The TVCC Foundation is committed to our mission to support the college by having funds available to provide scholarships to students desiring an education.
How Foundation Scholarships Can Be Used
A Foundation scholarship can be used to cover the direct and indirect costs of education depending on donor agreements. This includes: the purchase of books, payment of fees and tuition, miscellaneous related expenses and the costs of room and board.
All Foundation scholarships are awarded in June and November of each year and split evenly between fall and spring. Students who receive a scholarship for the fall semester, must maintain the GPA, hours and other requirements outlined in the scholarship parameters in order to receive their awarded scholarship in the spring.
Eligibility To Apply
Any TVCC student is encouraged to apply for a Foundation scholarship. Each scholarship has individual requirements based on the donor wishes through scholarship memorandum of understanding (MOU) agreements.
For scholarships that require the student to reside in the TVCC service area, students must live in one of the following school districts:
Athens, Brownsboro, Canton, Cayuga, Chandler, Crandall, Cross Roads, Edgewood, Elkhart, Eustace, Forney, Frankston, Fruitvale, Kaufman, Kemp, LaPoynor, Mabank, Malakoff, Martins Mill, Murchison, Neches, Palestine, Rains, Scurry-Rosser, Slocum, Terrell, Trinidad, Westwood and Wills Point.
For scholarships that require the student to reside in the TVCC tax district, students must live in one of the following school districts:
Athens, Brownsboro, Chandler, Crandall, Cross Roads, Eustace, Frankston, Kaufman, Kemp, LaPoynor, Mabank, Malakoff, Murchison, Palestine, Scurry-Rosser, Terrell, and Trinidad.
Criteria To Apply
- Unless otherwise noted in the scholarship eligibility criteria, a student must be enrolled as a full-time student for most scholarships (nursing scholarships are a minimum of 3 hours)
- Each Foundation scholarship recipient will be matched with the scholarship that best fits their needs and the criteria of each Foundation scholarship
- Must meet all TVCC admission requirements as found in the TVCC Catalog.
- Applicants must complete and submit the TVCC Foundation scholarship application by June 1 of each year for fall and spring semester. Starting in fall 2022, an additional scholarship application period will be opened in early October for spring semester scholarships only. The deadline for this application period is November 3.
- Applications must have two signed letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- Applications require a copy of all transcripts (high school, GED, other colleges or universities) as of date of application.
- Applications must include an essay from the student explaining their academic goals and objectives and why they desire the scholarship requested. This must also include a separate list of volunteer and community activities in which the student has participated.
- Students who receive a Foundation scholarship must attend the annual Foundation scholarships ceremony. Details of the ceremony are mailed to recipients in June.
- Students who receive a Foundation scholarship must present their award certificate to the TVCC Financial Aid office in order to claim the funds. Call Linda Land at 902-670-2620 if you need assistance.
- Scholarships available will be matched with the needs of each student.
- Foundation scholarships can only be used at TVCC and cannot be transferred to other colleges or universities.
- All Foundation scholarship recipients must maintain a 2.0 GPA to receive future foundation scholarships. Some Foundation scholarships require 2.5 or higher.
- After the scholarship committee convenes and makes awards, recipients will receive written notification.
Ongoing Requirements Of Foundation Scholarship Awards
If there is an unused balance of the award beyond the fall semester; the student can carry those funds to the spring semester within the same academic year provided all eligibility requirements have been maintained.
If the Foundation award is not used within the same academic year, it will go back into the Foundation scholarship fund for future use by other TVCC students.
The Value Of Each Scholarship
The value of Foundation scholarship awards vary by scholarship. The value of a specific scholarship will be noted in the letter that students receive when notified. Most awards range from $500-$2,000.
The TVCC Foundation awards two types of scholarships to its students; endowed and non-endowed.
- Endowed scholarships are set up to be funded in perpetuity with the corpus of the donor gift intact and only the earnings awarded to students.
- Non-endowed funds are funded on an as-needed basis, and the entire donor fund can be depleted.
We are proud of you for pursuing your dreams! Don't give up and remember we are here for you if you need us. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903-670-2620.
Endowed Foundation Scholarships
Ray & Jean Adams Scholarship
Cain Foundation Scholarship
Archie & June Dennis Mathe & Science Scholarship
Willard & Sarah George Business Scholarship
Ginger Murchison Scholarship
Health-Related Fields Scholarship
Willie Mae Smith Nursing Scholarship
TVCC Alumni Association Scholarship
Wilbur Fine Arts Scholarship
Ernest & Gloria Dean Scholarship
Reba & Kenneth McGee Scholarship
EM Drumgoole Education Scholarship
Kevin Till Memorial Scholarship
OD & Osie Baggett Memorial Scholarship
Carl Andress Memorial Scholarship
Nick & Mildred Cox Brandon Scholarship
Brad Brownlow Memorial Scholarship
Peggy Farmer Scholarship
Weldon Ford Memorial Nursing Scholarship
Mary Hardy Scholarship
William O. & Ora Mae Miller Scholarship
Orval Pirtle Scholarship
Tom H & Martha Ann Sharpe Memorial Scholarship
Bruce Smith Agriculture Scholarship
W.B. "Buddy" Smith Scholarship
Alton & Jewell Tompkins Scholarship
TVCC Memorial scholarship
James E. & Elsie M. Watson Scholarhip
F. Edward & Ruth Wilson Scholarship
Cardette Endowed Scholasrhip
Francis & Ruth Day Scholarship
Kurt Budke & Mirand Serna Lady Cardinal Memorial Scholarship
Janice O. Miller Scholarship
Charles & Carletta Ramsey Scholarship
Pam Burton Scholarship
Coach Bob Baccarini Memorial Scholarship
Frank & Ethel Johns Scholarship
Dr. John & Ginger Morton Scholarship
Pauline Knight Perkins Scholarship
Ron Baugh Memorial Scholarship
Dr. Ray Hargrove-Huttell Memorial Scholarship
Brookshires Grocery Company Scholarship
Dr. Harold Smitson Scholarship
Mike McGee Rodeo Team Scholarship
Jan F Masso Memorial Scholarship
Jean Baker Memorial Scholarship
Non-Endowed Foundation Scholarships
W.R. Kinabrew A.D.N. Scholarship
Palestine LVN Scholarship
Oddfellows & Rebeccas Scholarship
Patient Care Technology Scholarship
W.C. "Bill" Perryman Scholarship
TVCC Partnership Scholarship
Kiwanis Club of Athens Achievers
Happy Feet Boots Cardette Book Scholarship
Kiwanis Club-Palestine Scholarship
Showtime International Scholarship
Archie & June Dennis Science & Math Scholarship
Friends of Henderson County 4-H
Linda M. Quattlebaum Nursing Book Scholarship
Lena' Pettiet Memorial Nursing scholarship
Alvis & Patricia Montrose Memorial Scholarship
Non-Traditional Cain Foundation Scholarship
Linda Williams Daniel Scholarship
Emergency Relief Scholarship
Beryl Bell Memorial Nursing Scholarship
Leon Spencer Scholarship
Rotary Club of CCL Scholarship
Quattlebaum Cardette Scholarship
Vic Lewis Scholarship
Montgomery Summer Scholarship
Nancy White MD Nursing Scholarship
Regina Bingham Memorial Scholarship
Terrell HS Vocational Nursing Scholarship
Barbara Parr Memorial Scholarship
Bradly Jay Loden Memorial Book Fund
Russ & Susan Bee Nursing Scholarship