Vision, Mission, Statement of Purpose, and Values
Trinity Valley Community College will be a leader in providing quality education, innovative programs, and purpose for our students, employees, and communities.
Transforming lives through affordable and accessible education.
Statement Of Purpose
The TVCC Statement of Purpose is determined in statute identified in the Texas Education Code, Section 130.003, which states that the charge of each public community college shall be to provide the following:
- Technical programs up to two years in length leading to an associate degree or certificates;
- Vocational programs leading directly to employment in semi-skilled or skilled occupations;
- Freshman and/or sophomore courses in arts and sciences;
- Continuing adult education programs for occupational or cultural upgrading;
- Compensatory education programs designed to fulfill the commitment of an admissions policy that allow the enrollment of disadvantaged students;
- A continuing program of counseling and guidance designed to assist students in achieving their individual educational goals;
- Workforce development programs designed to meet local and statewide needs;
- Adult literacy and other basic skills programs for adults; and
- Other purposes as may be prescribed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board for post-secondary education in Texas.
Trinity Valley Community College adopted “The Cardinal Way” as its service standards. The Cardinal Way is to be a leader and these are the actions of a leader.
● Life-long learner