Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate
- Degree Type: Certificate
- Clinical Medical Assistant courses are offered on the Athens campus, Terrell Health Science Center and at some high schools.
- TSI: not required
- See the current Health Occupations brochure for more information about the program including immunization requirements, estimated costs and schedules.
This program is not designed to transfer.
This program is offered in 8-week cycles. Each term represents an 8-week semester.
|HPRS-1105||Essentials of Medical Law/Ethics for Health Professionals||1|
|MDCA-1348||Pharmacology & Administration of Medications||3|
|MDCA-1317||Procedures in a Clinical Setting||3|
|MDCA-1160||Clinic Med Assist||1|
|CMA Elective (See approved list)||2|
|MDCA-1254||Medical Assisting Credentialing Exam Review||2|
Clinical Medical Assistant (CMA) Certificate Electives
|Nurse Aide for Health Care|
and Clinical, Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Asst/Aide (take concurrently)
|PLAB-1171||Phlebotomy Lab 1||1|
PLAB-1323 Phlebotomy is prerequisite
A grade of C or better is required in all courses to progress in the program.
Advising note - For students transitioning from previous CMA curriculum:
- HITT 1249 will substitute for MDCA-1348 Pharmacology & Administration of Medications
- HPRS-1205 Essentials of Medical Law/Ethics for Health Professionals will substitute for MDCA-1317 Procedures in a Clinical Setting
- HPRS-1205 Essentials of Medical Law/Ethics for Health Professionals will substitute for HPRS-1105 Essentials of Medical Law/Ethics for Health Professionals
- POFM-1317 Medical Administrative Support (Front Office) will substitute for MDCA-1321 Administrative Procedures
- PLAB 1164 or PLAB 1191will substitute for PLAB-1171 Phlebotomy Lab
- MDCA 1360 will substitute for MDCA-1160 Clinic Med Assist and MDCA-1254 Medical Assisting Credentialing Exam Review