Clinical Medical Assistant OSA
Clinical medical assistants provide care for patients in physician’s offices or clinics.
- Degree Type: None awarded
- Not all courses offered online
- Clinical Medical Assistant OSA offered on the Athens campus, Terrell Health Science Center and some area high schools
- TSI: not required
This program is not designed to transfer.
This leads to the Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate.
Occupational skills achievement awards (OSA) are locally approved sequences of credit courses totaling 9-14 semester credit hours (SCH). The goal of the award is to provide entry level employment skills within a shortened period of time.
Characteristics of occupational skills achievement awards include the following:
- Prepare students for employment in accordance with guidelines for the Workforce Investment Opportunity Act
- TSI is waived—no pre-college exam required
- Recommended by the Medical/Nursing Assistant Advisory Committee
|MDCA-1348||Pharmacology & Administration of Medications||3|
|Medical Assistant Laboratory Procedures
|MDCA-1317||Procedures in a Clinical Setting||3|
|MDCA-1160||Clinic Med Assist||1|
|MDCA-1254||Medical Assisting Credentialing Exam Review||2|
A grade of C or better is required in all courses in order to progress in the program.