Nurse Aide for Health Care OSA
Nursing assistants, sometimes called nursing aides, help provide basic care for patients in hospitals and residents of long-term care facilities, such as nursing homes. Nursing assistants transport patients and clean treatment areas.
- Degree Type: None awarded
- Not all courses offered online
- Nurse Aide OSA offered on the Athens campus and some area high schools
- TSI: not required
This program is not designed to transfer.
Occupational skills achievement awards (OSA) are locally approved sequences of credit courses totaling 9-14 semester credit hours (SCH). The goal of the award is to provide entry level employment skills within a shortened period of time.
Characteristics of occupational skills achievement awards include the following:
- Prepare students for employment in accordance with guidelines for the Workforce Investment Opportunity Act
- TSI is waived—no pre-college exam required
- Recommended by the Medical/Nursing Assistant Advisory Committee
|HPRS-1105||Essentials of Medical Law/Ethics for Health Professionals||1|
|NURA-1160||Clinical, Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Asst/Aide||1|
|NURA-1401||Nurse Aide for Health Care||4|
A grade of C or better is required in all courses in order to progress in the program.