Phlebotomists draw blood for tests, transfusions, research, or blood donations. They provide assistance when patients have adverse reactions after their blood is drawn.
- Degree Type: None awarded
- Not all courses offered online
- Phlebotomy OSA offered on the Athens campus
- TSI: not required
This program is not designed to transfer.
Occupational skills achievement awards (OSA) are locally approved sequences of credit courses totaling 9-14 semester credit hours (SCH). The goal of the award is to provide entry level employment skills within a shortened period of time.
Characteristics of occupational skills achievement awards include the following:
- Prepare students for employment in accordance with guidelines for the Workforce Investment Opportunity Act.
- TSI is waived—no pre-college exam required.
- Recommended by the Medical/Nursing Assistant Advisory Committee